Monday, February 9, 2009

Easy Pumpkin, Chocolate Chip, and Ginger Cookies

Last month I volunteered to host a bake sale table at a local garden fête. I'm not as good of baker as I am cook, but have a few trusty recipes that aren't too shabby. I had planned to make my infamous oatmeal, banana, chocolate chips cookies that took me a few years to master. As I work full time (and can be a bit of a procrastinator) I stopped to the get missing ingredients on my way home from work - the night before the fête. When I got home I realized that I had forgotten a few key ingredients, mainly oatmeal and bananas. I didn't feel like going back out again, so had a look around my kitchen to see what I could make. With a box of Pillsbury® Pumpkin Quickbread mix in my freezer, I settled on a variation of a recipe on the side of the box. Replacing chocolate chips for the raisins, my Pumpkin, Chocolate Chip, and Ginger Cookies turned out to be a huge hit.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a rad combo, Chickie! Sounds great.

kate said...

amy,
these look fab, ps. i got the southwestern sauce at whole foods, please ck out new posting on our blog
kate

Mel said...

So, saw the pumpkin cookie recipe, then the rosemary gin & Tonic - and thought - I have to send this link to my friend in Illinois. I thought she would definitely like this site as much as I do. Then looking around more, I thought....I know someone named Amy with a James and Harry in her life, who procrastinates - just like me - and definitely would know a Jane from England....hmmm. Then I found your picture and couldn't believe it - it really is you. Love this stuff and had no idea you were so Martha Stewart. We have to catch up! Love, Mel 10.27

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. These cookies look great.

Amy J said...

Thanks ladies for stopping by! :-)

Kate - am getting ready to check out your blog...

Mel: OMG!!! What a stinking small world!!! That was such a funny/strange/exciting comment to read. Thanks for passing me on... this is all potential stuff for Cafe 10.27! Though I've been watching Hell's Kitchen and Last Restaurant Standing and am pretty sure I'd suck at it. If I don't hear from you first, I'll e-mail you - we must catch up!