Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lovely Lavender Mint Pimm's

I found the most fabulous thing ever at the Farmers' Market last Saturday: Lavender Mint! This is the most amazing herb, it really does smell of both lavender and mint. Excited about my new find, I had to try it in my favorite summer drink: Pimm's. This is a variation of my favorite version, using 7-Up instead of Ginger Ale.

  • 1 part Pimm's
  • 3 parts 7-Up, or your favorite lemon-lime soda
  • 1 sprig of Lavender Mint
  • 1 slice of peach
  • 2 sliced of pear
  • 1 spring cucumber

Muddle mint, cucumber, and Pimm's in glass. Let sit for 1/2 hour to blend flavors. Next add fruit, a few ice cubes, then 7-Up. Stir gently and enjoy!

PS: I was in the local paper this week talking about Pimm's! Not front page news, but it's a start... :-)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh how refreshing!! I've never heard of this drink. :)

beauty meets budget said...

Drink sounds fabulous, but that doesn't surprise me coming from such a fantastic gal!

Congrats on the media mention!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kate said...

wonderful....please join Gina and my new blog, we had too many problems with the old one so we have started over.
thanks
kate
http://roseandthistlekg.blogspot.com/

Mel said...

I missed you in the paper, but Jim came and told me he saw you. Tay and I were in the Bradenton Herald the other day. We had attended the Cap't Keith reception at the Polo Grill (deadliest catch being her favorite show - she had a blast). Hey - can't wait to see Julie and Julia at the show - all your fab cooking - I think you would like this movie too.

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Woah! I need to find this herb. Sounds too good to be true!!!

Amy J said...

Thanks ladies! It was divine. I know, I thought it was too good to be true finding lavender mint, but I've since also found lavender sage!!! If I'm dreaming, don't wake me!

Mel - I can't wait to see Julie and Julia, looks fantastic!!!

Cringe, my photo in the paper! :-(