Sunday, August 31, 2008

Swing FM: The Soundtrack to Southern Food

Some might say that I'm obsessed with French radio. I think it's just a coincidence. Every time I find a radio station that I like, it just so happens to be French. I should mention, all of these stations are found on-line. We have a wi-fi radio receiver in our kitchen, that is hooked up to my regualr radio, allowing us to listen to stations from all over the world. For a few years, my favorite has been La Radio De La Mer. Which is still is, but when I'm cooking southern food, I want something a little more suitable. In my quest to find something that had jazz, blues, ragtime, and swing, I came across Swing FM. They play Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Rose Murphy and a fantastic mix of all the above genres with the odd bit of gospel. It provides the perfect soundtrack to eating southern food...

To listed to Swing FM, click on the following link:

No comments: