Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You: Transporter 3

While I have serious issues with there being a Transporter 3, I am happy to see it coming to the big screen on November 26. You see, for several years now, I have fancied myself as Transporter 3. I completely envision myself driving through (mostly) France in a black Audi - complete with my own theme song picked out. The news was broken to me this evening that they have gone behind my back and have made another one. As much is it hurts me, sniff-sniff, I will put on a brave face and support the competition. Besides, I'm sure people would rather watch Jason Statham fight the evils and unjust than to watch me. Only by a few though, certainly. The fact that it starts out in Marseilles is a small saving grace since I was just there last month. That has spurred me on to sort out some more of my photos. Speaking of which, I took over 200 in Marseilles. What can I say? I saw a helicopter in the Mediterranean and I got a little too excited and started snapping away. To my defence, it was hovering over a boat and people were abseiling down - not unlike something that could have featured Sylvester Stallone in Taxi 3!!! Did I mention that 3 was my favorite number? So maybe I will like the new film after all, once I finish nursing my bruised ego...

2 comments:

Jane King said...

I would much much rather watch you fighting the evil and unjust ANY day of the week! :-) I have never seen transporter 1 or 2 - are they good then? Have i been missing something all these years?!

Amy J said...

Why thank you, you might be one of the only though. Saying that, I experienced WII for the first time last weekend, and I kick massive boo-tay in the boxing game, so I feel I have it in me! Transporter 1 is better than 2 - not sure if you'd like them. Would probably give it a try though, if you find it boring, you could always imagine my face on Jason Statham's body - that's got to be worth a laugh!