Saturday, September 13, 2008

Culinary Creations: Baked Chicken Alfredo with Bacon and Mushrooms

This wasn't exactly the most original thing I've ever made, but it was a good use of things I had in my kitchen: Jar of Alfredo Sauce, Mushrooms, Bacon, and Chicken.

I started off by sauteing the bacon. Once bacon was finished and removed, I then cooked the mushrooms in the left over bacon fat and a little bit of olive oil. Next I added the chicken pieces (I was using tenderloin cutlets), scattered the bacon over the chicken, poured the jar of sauce over the mixture, along with 1/2 cup of white wine. This was baked in my oven, uncovered, at 350F for 35 minutes. After cooking, I garnished with small basil leaves that were left-over from the basil I used in the salad.

To serve, I had a bowl of cooked plain, corkscrew pasta to spoon the sauce over.

I also made a simple salad of lettuce and fresh basil leaves from my garden, dressed with my homemade vinaigrette. Please note my uber fancy jar. Yes, that is an authentic Branston Pickle jar. Unfortunately even after 4 washings, it still retained some of the pickle smell, which slightly altered the taste of the dressing. Not sure if you could tell if you didn't know, but I could...

1 comment:

Jhames Stewart said...

Baked Chicken Alfredo is one of my top fave pastas. I learned my cooking skills from my mother at the age of fourteen. I got the habit of using recycled dishes as main seasonings. A bottle of olive oil should always be in the kitchen coz I use it in almost everything. I also have this love for collecting glasses in different sizes.