Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Food Memory: Salcombe Coffee Company

One of my favorite places in England is Salcombe. Salcombe is a lovely Victorian town on the East coast of Devon. This photo was taken on a cold and drizzly morning. It is of the harbor looking towards Kingsbridge.

The last time we were there, we opted out of the breakfast included with our stay at our B&B and ate at the Salcombe Coffee Company. This was a very good decision. Not only did they have great coffee, I was partial to the cafe mocha - which was made of nice strong coffee and rich dark chocolate, their breakfast menu was superb. Their bacon sandwiches were the best I've ever had, and I will go as far to say that they are the best in the world. They use good quality smoky bacon rashers, thick cut multi-grain bread toasted to perfection, and enough brown sauce to keep a smile on my face. Sadly I didn't get an photos of this blissful sandwich, but it's reason enough to go back.

Salcombe Coffee Company
Fore Street, Salcombe
Telephone: 01548 842319
For more information on Salcombe, please click the following link: http://www.salcombeinformation.co.uk/

No comments: